The current version is 2.0 beta. Version 1.5 is still being supported, while users of previous versions are recommend to use this most recent version. Most notably this will be the final official release of M-GCAT. Notable new features in release 2.0 include:
- Genome comparison with repeats (thanks to Repeatoire)
- Ability to use M-GCAT as a viewer and do the heavy lifting via a remote server (thanks to rpyc)
- Gene annotation overlay incorporated in M-GCAT Cluster workspace
- Ability to align genomes via command-line (no need to open the viewer)
- New multi-coloring feature to quickly visualize rearrangements
Plus several more additions.